UKF project Cooperative cloud based simultaneous localization and mapping in dynamic environments (cloudSLAM) and Croatian Centre of Research Excellence for Data Science and Cooperative Systems, Research Unit for Advance Cooperative Systems, organized an international scientific workshop
"International Workshop on Cooperative Dynamic Simultaneous Localization and Mapping".
The workshop was held on September 19, 2017 at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing.
The technical program contained invited lectures given by renowned experts about research activities in the fields of Simultaneous Localization And Mapping (SLAM) and Detection And Tracking of Moving Objects (DATMO). Research activities of cloudSLAM project were presented through the poster session and experimental demonstration.
List of invited speakers and their talks with links to presentations are given below:
- Jonathan Kelly, University of Toronto, Canada. Cheap or Robust? SLAM, DATMO, and the Development of Practical Self-Driving Wheelchair Technology. Link
- Davide Scaramuzza, University of Zurich, Switzerland. Towards Agile Flight of Vision-controlled Micro Flying Robots: from Frame-based to Event-based Vision. Link
- Juan Andrade-Cetto, Institut de Robotica i Informatica Industrial, CSIC-UPC, Barcelona, Spain. Perception and control for aerial manipulators. Link
- Denis Garagić, BAE Systems, Massachusetts, USA. Navigation for GPS-Denied Environments via Simultaneous Online Localization Exchange.
- Tomas Krajnik, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic. FreMEn: Frequency Map Enhancement for Long-Term Autonomy of Mobile Robots. Link
- Robert Cupec, University of Osijek, Croatia. Indoor Place Recognition Using RGB-D Camera Based on Planar Surfaces and Line Segments. Link
- Dražen Brščić, University of Rijeka, Croatia. People tracking for enabling human-robot interaction in large public spaces. Link
We thank all the participants for their contribution to this fruitful event.